Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hicks Sticks Didgeridoos now back in business!


Ben Hicks is back at it, making beautiful didgeridoos out of Aspen and other hardwoods. Ben took a break from the business for a year or so to regroup, and it looks like he's came back with renewed passion and building some beautiful instruments. I was fortunate to purchase a Hick Stick Didigeridoo in D (it's almost as tall as I am) a few years back, and I love it. I was sad to see Ben stop making 'em, but I am glad to see that he's back at it.
I was walking through a grove of Aspen, near Tahoe, over the fourth of July weekend, and I couldn't help but see where Ben gets his inspiration from the very shape of the trees themselves. Aspen has a wonderful, natural rugged quality to them.
Check out his website for complete inventory of what's currently in inventory, the few that are pictured have some wonderful inlay in them : http://www.hickssticks.com/didgeridoos-aspen-hardwood.html
Oh, yeah and tell him that you heard about it from FoundMusic!

No comments: